career coaching and consulting
Do you need a little help moving forward in your career? Career coaching is a great choice because it helps you to see your situation from a different perspective. My style is a little bit of a cross between career coaching and career consulting, which makes my service a little different to what is offered by a lot of other career coaches. This is what I mean:
- A career coach doesn't provide advice or tell a client what to do. Coaching is all about respecting that the client has the answers; a coach will help you uncover your strengths, development areas and strategies to solve longer term issues, through asking open questions and encouraging you to self-discover.
- A career consultant acts in more of an advisory role and is able to use their experience to provide guidance and strategies, particularly when dealing with very specific, shorter term issues.
I tend to switch between coaching and consulting depending on my client, their situation and how quickly a problem needs to be resolved. I don't believe in mucking around - if I have an answer, I'd like to have the option to provide it to you!
There are a couple of ways we can work together...
Depending on your situation, you might be looking for a single strategy session, or a longer term coaching arrangement - I have options for both. Take a look below at my coaching arrangements - if you purchase now, you will receive an email within 24 hours, with a link to book your first coaching session.
If you still aren't ready to take the leap, you can schedule a free 15 minute consultation with me here, so we can talk about what you have going on, and whether or not we are a good match!
one off strategy session
1 x 90 minute coaching session
Just want one coaching session to work through a specific problem or situation? No problem? When you book your one-off strategy session, you will receive:
- 1 x 90 minute career coaching session, via telephone (Australia only), Skype or FaceTime; and
- A follow up email outlining your action plan and next steps.
career coaching package
6 x 60 minute coaching sessions
Want to work with a coach on a longer term basis, to help progress your career or achieve your career goals? When you book this package, you'll receive:
- 6 x 60 minute coaching sessions, via telephone (Australia only), Skype, or FaceTime, booked weekly or fortnightly, depending on your preference; and
- Email support for the length of your coaching arrangement. Need to ask a question in between sessions? No trouble - flick me an email and I'll get back to you within 24 hours.
here's what some of my clients are saying:
Thank you so much for your coaching, mentoring and the many things you have taught me. I have learnt so much from you, your blog and your expertise in writing the perfect cover letter and resume. I am so thankful for this and so much more, I really couldn't have made it to where I am without you! All the best x"
Around 20 months ago, I was at a crossroads where I feared my career was stalling. I reached out to Bec of Pop Your Career for some advice and mentoring. We discussed my work history, and strategized some resume writing and interview techniques. We did some roll-play using the STAR Interview Method, and I partook a DISC Profile questionnaire. Together, we strengthened my responses to interview questions by better structuring my answers, and refining my talking points based on the personality traits of my interviewers.
I did not get the job which motivated me to reach out to Bec. But I did win the jobs of my second and fourth interview, and my career is back on track. Right now I work with a richly experienced and very high calibre team in a prominent Federal Government Department in an area expecting a lot of growth, and I am receiving the upskilling I desperately need. I am happy doing what I am doing and the pay is good too.
I recently approached Bec and she was so patient and understanding to acknowledge my desperation in getting a job. She didn’t treat me as your average recruitment agencies would. She set my expectations straight about how I should be approaching these jobs and advised me about how to clean up and address my selection criteria responses. I had a whole new resume and cover letter after speaking to Bec. A few months later I had 3 different interviews with the public service for roles that I would have never thought of applying for. I am now currently being offered a role at *** and I have never been this confident (not cocky) at an interview before. To see the positive response I get from interviews is overwhelming.